Environment and places of interest
Monuments and outstanding places
- Cathedral of Seville
It is the largest gothic Christian cathedral, known as "the hollow mountain" ("la montaña hueca"). Christopher Columbus's grave and the incorruptus body of the King Fernando III of Castilla are there.
- La Giralda
This is the way the bell tower of the Cathedral of Seville is known. Its present configuration is the minaret of the old mosque the Cathedral was built on and the bell-body or upper third is a top added in the Christian period.
- Torre del Oro (Gold Tower)
Albarran tower placed at the left bank of the river Guadalquivir and in front of the Real Mestranza bullring. It is home to the Naval Museum of Seville.
- Reales Alcázares
It is a collection of palaces surrounded by walls. Inside it, there are different styles from different periods of History: Islamic, Mudéjar and Gothic.
- General Archive of Indias (Archivo General de Indias)
It keeps around 43,000 files, 80 million pages and 8,000 maps and drawings from the competent body managing the Spanish colonies.
- Plaza de Toros de la Real Maestranza (Real Maestranza Bullring)
Owned by Real Maestranza de Caballería. In some bullfight environments, it is considered as the most important bullring in Spain: The Cathedral of the bullfight. It is house to the Bullfight Museum (Museo Taurino).
- Parque de María Luisa (María Luisa Park)
It is one of the green lungs in the city. It belonged to the private gardens of Palacio de San Telmo (San Telmo Palace) and were given to the city in 1893 by the infanta María Luisa Fernández de Borbón, Duchess of Montpensier.
- Casa de Pilatos ( Pilatos's house)
Owned by the Ducal Foundation of Medinaceli, this palace was built between the 15th and 16th centuries. It is the largest residential estate in the city.
- Basílica de la Esperanza Macarena
The most venerated image in the city, well-known worldwide. In the Museum-Treasure of the Basilica, the brotherhood "pasos" (float in Holy Week processions with statues representing part of Easter Story) as they are shown when they are outdoors at Easter, can be seen.
- Conjunto Arqueológico de Itálica (Itálica Archaeological Site)
An old Roman town in the municipality of Santiponce. It was the first Roman town founded in Hispania, out of the Italian territory.
Museums in Seville
- Ceramics Museum of Triana: Just 5 minutes walk from our hotel. Triana typical ceramic pieces, several historic kilns dating from the sixteenth century and own tools of the trade are. Admission is included in the tour package Real Alcázar.
- Anticuarium of Sevilla: It is an archaeological museum placed in the basement of Metropol Parasol, in La Encarnación Square (plaza de la Encarnación), it was opened a short time ago.
- Museo de Bellas Artes de Sevilla (Museum of Fine Arts): It is an art gallery essential for knowing the baroque painting of Seville, mainly Zurbarán, Murillo and Valdés Leal, and the Andalusian painting in the 19th century.
- Museo Arqueológico de Sevilla (Archaeological Museum of Seville): One of the first museums in Spain because of the quantity and quality of the pieces and works in it.
- Museo de Artes y Costumbres Populares (Museum of Arts and Popular Habits): It is placed in front of the Archaeological Museum, in America Square (Plaza de América).
- Centro Andaluz de Arte Contemporáneo (Andalusia Centre of Contemparary Art): The Centre cultural offer is based on the visit to the Monastery of la Cartuja Santa María de las Cuevas (Monasterio de la Cartuja Santa María de las Cuevas), house to an important artistic and archaeological patrimony.
- Museo Taurino (Bullfight Museum): Placed in the basement of stands of sections 10 and 12 in the Real Maestranza de Sevilla Bullring (Plaza de Toros de la Real Maestranza de Sevilla).
- Museo Histórico Militar de Sevilla (Historic Military Museum of Seville): Placed in España Square (Plaza España), access next to Aragón Door (Puerta de Aragón) in this famous square.
- Museo de Carruajes (Carriage Museum): Placed in the old Los Remedios Convent (Convento de Los Remedios), in Cuba Square (Plaza de Cuba), 500 metres away from Monte Carmelo Hotel
- Teatro Central (Central Theatre): c/José de Gálvez, 6 La Cartuja Island (Isla de la Cartuja)
- Teatro de la Maestranza (La Maestranza Theatre): Paseo de Cristóbal Colón, 22
- Teatro Lope de Vega (Lope de Vega Theatre): Av. de María Luisa, s/n
- Teatro Quintero(Quintero Theatre): C/Cuna, 15
- Sala La Fundición(La Fundición Hall): c/Habana, 18 - Casa de la Moneda
- Sala La Imperdible (La Imperdible Hall): c/Curtidurías, 9
- Teatro Alameda(Alameda Theatre): c/Crédito, 11
- Teatro La Cuadra (La Cuadra Theatre): c/Lino, 1 - P.I. Hytasa (Hytasa Industrial Park)
- Sala Cero(Cero Hall) : c/Sol, 5
- Sala El Cachorro(El Cachorro Hall) : c/Procurador, 9
- Galería Concha Pedrosa: Fernán Caballero 11
- Galería Birimbao. Arte Contemporáneo: Alcázares, 5
- La Caja China Galería de Arte: General Castaños, 30
- "Alarcón Criado" Galería de Arte Contemporáneo: Madrid, 4
- Galería de Arte "Isabel Ignacio": Velarde, 9
- Galería Rafael Ortiz: Mármoles, 12
- Galería Haurie: Guzmán el Bueno, 9
- Galería de Arte "Juana de Aizpuru": Padre Marchena, 21
- Nuevo Arte: San Vicente, 32
- Sala Santa Inés: Doña María Coronel, 5
- Fundación Focus Abengoa: Plaza de los Venerables, 8