Location, environment and places of interest
Monte Triana Hotel is located in the West area of the city, in the district of Triana. Its location makes it be an ideal and privileged place for tourist visits to the city and for those people who visit us for business. It is only a ten-minute walk to the historic city centre and to the main touristic monuments in the city, a nice walk over the river Guadalquivir, through the Triana Bridge (Puente de Triana) or through the Cristo de la Expiración Bridge (Puente del Cristo de la Expiración). Triana delimits with the district of Los Remedios (Barrio de Los Remedios), another commercial and business area in the city.
How to get there
NOTE: Check the streets direction and follow the vertical signs when reaching the Hotel's vicinity.
From San Pablo Airport.
- Taxi at the Airport.
- Airport bus (EA). Destination: Armas Square (Plaza de Armas) (last stop). From Armas Square (Plaza de Armas) bus station: No. 43 bus to the Hotel's entrance.
From Santa Justa railway station
- No. C2 bus to Ronda de Triana.
From Armas Square (Plaza de Armas) bus station
- No. 43 bus to the Hotel's entrance.
From Prado de San Sebastián bus station
- Prado de San Sebastián: no. C3 bus to the hotel's entrance.
- Prado de San Sebastián: no. 5 bus to Ronda de Triana.
- Prado de San Sebastián: no. C1 bus to Ronda de Triana.
Consultation on Taxi fares in Seville: TAXI FARES
Consultation on Urban Buses fares (TUSSAM): TUSSAM FARES
Consultation on Underground fares in Seville: UNDERGROUND FARES
For your comfort, please find below our GPS coordinates so that, if you have never visited us before, you will have no problems in finding us:
- Latitude: 37º 23' 15"
- Decimal Latitude: 37.38771126980093
- Longitude: -06º 00' 28"
- Decimal Longitude: -6.0079121589660644
Calle Clara de Jesús Montero, 24 - 41010 - Seville
Environment and places of interest
Triana is one of the most characteristic, popular and historic districts in the city. Its is characterized by its great personality and identity. It borders on the right bank of the river Guadalquivir and its most popular connection with the city is through the Triana Bridge (Puente de Triana) whose correct name is Isabel II Bridge (Puente de Isabel II). It is a perfectly communicated district provided with a wide range of services, connections can be made by bus, underground or bicycle renting.
When leaving the hotel and turning right, we are only at some metre distance from Castilla Street (calle Castilla), one of the most important streets where some of the best "Tapas" bars are located. This street will take us to Altozano Square (Plaza del Altozano), Triana epicentre from which we can access the Bridge (Puente) to reach the historic city centre . From Altozano one of the most beautiful sights in the city can be seen: the river with all its width, the Real Maestranza Bullring Plaza de Toros de la Real Maestranza, the Torre del Oro(Gold Tower) and at the end, outlined by the city buildings, La Giralda and the Cathedral of Seville (Catedral de Sevilla). At Altozano we can also see the statue of Juan Belmonte bullfighter (torero Juan Belmonte), top representative of the district in the art of bullfighting , the Flamenco monument, the San Jorge Castle and the little Chapel of El Carmen (Capillita del Carmen).
Altozano Square (La Plaza del Altozano) will take us to Betis Street (calle Betis) , full of bars, restaurants and drinking bars and to other important streets in the district such as San Jacinto Street (Calle San Jacinto) with many shops of all kind, and Pureza Street (calle Pureza) where the Chapel of los Marineros is with the well-known image of Esperanza de Triana. The end of this street, like Betis Street (calle Betis), will take us to the district of Los Remedios (Barrio de los Remedios).
Our hotel location is so privileged that when leaving it and turning right we can reach these points, which have been previously mentioned, through another important street in Triana, Pagés del Corro Street (calle Pagés del Corro), meeting San Jacinto Street (calle San Jacinto).
Pagés del Corro Street (calle Pagés del Corro) is also full of bars and shops.
The district of Triana is provided with many tourist attractions, among which its worth mentioning the following churches Nuestra Señora de la O, del Patrocinio (with the image of Cristo del Cachorro) and Real Parroquia de Santa Ana, as well as the future Ceramics Museum (Museo de la Cerámica).
Triana is also considered as one of the cradles of flamenco. Pottery and ceramics are typical, hand-made and worldwide well-known products of this district.
How to get to tourist places from the hotel
- Historic Artistic Centres:: Centres: Reales Alcázares - Cathedral and Giralda General Archive of Indias District of Santa Cruz - Casa de Murillo Museum - Los Venerables Hospital City Hall Museum of Fine Arts (Museo de Bellas Artes) Lebrija Palace - Las Dueñas Palace - Anticuarium of Seville and Metropol Parasol
Maestranza Area: Torre del Oro (Gold Tower) and Naval Museum (Museo Naval) - Bullring and Bullfighting Museum (Museo Taurino)- Santa Caridad Hospital
Alfalfa Square area (Plaza de la Alfalfa): Diego Velázquez birth house Pilatos's House (Casa de Pilatos) Flamenco Dance Museum (Museo del Baile Flamenco)
- You can access on foot from the hotel, a twenty-minute walk to the Cathedral and Giralda. Short distances from that point to the rest of monuments.
- You can catch bus no. 43 at the hotel's entrance to Magdalena Square (Plaza de la Magdalena). The Cathedral is a ten-minute walk from that point.
- Cartuja Island area (Isla de la Cartuja): Isla Mágica Park Historical and Monumental Landmarks of La Cartuja (Conjunto Monumental de La Cartuja) Andalusia Centre of Contemporary Art (Centro Andaluz de Arte Contemporáneo)
- C1 Bus at Ronda de Triana to Isla de la Cartuja area (zona Isla de la Cartuja)
- Macarena area - Centre: Museum-Treasure and Basilica of Macarena City Museum and Don Fadrique Tower (Torre de Don Fadrique) - Museum-Treasure and Basilica of Gran Poder Hercules Boulevard (Alameda de Hércules)
- C1 Bus at Ronda de Triana to Macarena area
- María Luisa Park area: San Telmo Palace Tobacco Old Factory (Antigua Fábrica de Tabacos) (University of Seville) - María Luisa Park America Square (Plaza de América) Archaeological Museum (Museo Arqueológico) - Museum of Arts and Popular Habits (Museo de Artes y Costumbres Populares) Military Museum (Museo Militar) - España Square (Plaza de España)
- C1 bus at Ronda de Triana to María Luisa Park area
- The following places can be visited in the district of Triana San Jorge Castle (Castillo de San Jorge) Parish church of Nuestra Señora de la O (Parroquia de Nuestra Señora de la O) Patrocinio Church (Iglesia del Patrocinio) (Cristo del Cachorro) Chapel of los Marineros (Capilla de los Marineros) (Esperanza de Triana) Chapel of la Estrella (Capilla de la Estrella) - Real Parroquia de Santa Ana Small Chapel of el Puente (Capillita del Puente) Convent of las Mínimas (Convento de las Mínimas) Mesaque House (Casa de los Mensaque).
- Access on foot from the hotel
How to get to business areas from the hotel
- City Centre: Tourism Consortium of Seville San Francisco Square (Plaza de San Francisco), 19
International Congress and Convention Bureau Triunfo Square (Plaza del Triunfo), 1
Sevilla Film Office - Cuesta del Rosario, 8-Casa (House) 1-4ª planta (floor)
Business area: Av. de la Constitución - Nueva Square (Plaza Nueva) Campana Square (Plaza de la Campana)
- You can access these places on foot
- Los Remedios area: Av. República Argentina - Virgen de Luján
- You can access these places on foot.
- Ronda-Prado de San Sebastián Area: Court and of Seville (Juzgados y Audiencia Provincial de Sevilla) - Rector's office at The University of Seville - Provincial Council of Seville
- C3 bus, at the hotel's entrance to Prado de San Sebastián.
- No. 5, at Ronda de Triana to Prado de San Sebastián.
- C2 bus, at Ronda de Triana to Prado de San Sebastián.
- Cartuja Island area (Isla de la Cartuja): Confederation of Businessmen of Andalusia (Confederación de Empresarios de Andalucía)
Triana Tower Building (Edificio Torre Triana) (several departments of the Junta de Andalusia)
- C1bus, at Ronda de Triana, to several areas in Cartuja Island (Isla de la Cartuja).
- Nervión area: Av. San Francisco Javier - Viapol - Av. de la Buhaira - Renfe - Offices at Santa Justa railway
- C2 bus, at Ronda de Triana to Av. San Francisco Javier, c/ Luis de Morales and Santa Justa railway station.
- East area: Congress Centre of Seville (Palacio de Exposiciones y Congresos de Sevilla)
- By bus or on foot to the city centre of Seville. At León Ponce Square (Plaza Ponce de León), no. 27 bus, to Av. Alcalde Luis Uruñuela
- By taxi
Links of interest:
You can check transport fares as well as taxi fares in the section "How to get there"